After spending Thursday hospitalized for a reported hernia, Charlie Sheen left Los Angeles’ Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. Now, Radaronline.com reports that the 45-year-old has checked himself into rehab.
“Charlie Sheen has voluntarily entered an undisclosed rehabilitation center today,” his rep Stan Rosenfeld said. “He is most grateful to all who have expressed their concern.”
‘Two and a Half Men’ was rescheduled to resume filming next week, but CBS has now announced the show is being placed “on production hiatus. We are profoundly concerned for (Sheen’s) well-being, and support his decision.”
Sheen was taken by ambulance to Cedars-Sinai yesterday morning, following several calls to 911, including two from ‘Real Housewives of Beverly Hills’ star Adrienne Maloof-Nassif and her husband.
According to TMZ, the actor was having severe abdominal pains — the result of a hiatal hernia — and did not suffer a drug overdose as many believed.
The star was reportedly smoking cocaine with several women leading up to his hospitalization.
A TMZ report also alleges that prior to the actor’s hospitalization, a person showed up to Sheen’s home with a designer “briefcase full of cocaine.” Sheen allegedly began doing the drug for several hours. At the time, his rep said, “I can’t comment because I have no idea if it’s true. You choose to believe your source, I don’t.”
Sheen was previously hospitalized in October 2010 at the tail-end of a night with adult film star Capri Anderson. Authorities found Sheen drunk and naked, having badly damaged his surroundings at the Plaza Hotel in a fit of rage.